Host Trainer INFORMATION
The Master Painters Group Training Company (MPGTC Pty Ltd) has been supplying apprentices to the Painting and Decorating Industry since 1997. Our apprentices are carefully selected to suit your business through a rigorous process of interviews and health checks.
The Group Training Company also manages any additional support necessary to achieve the successful completion of the training contract through our Apprentice Manager, who will hold regular meetings with the Host and Apprentice at designated times throughout the year.
We reduce the paperwork and headaches associated with employing apprentices and take care of the following:
- Workers Compensation
- Public Liability Insurance
- Group Certificates
- TAFE Fees
- Long Service Leave
- Sick leave
- Public holidays
- Annual leave
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Uniform supplied
- Work Health and Safety
- Apprentice Awards for Excellence Nominations through Master Painter NSW Association Inc.
We also supply you with the award wages information and can even do the calculations for you.
Master Painters Group Training Company will place all new apprentices in a 3 day Boot Camp to get them off to a good start by learning the basics as follows:
- Surface preparation of woodwork, ceilings and walls
- How to cut-in ceilings and walls
- Cleaning of brushes and rollers
- Knowledge of tools and equipment
More experienced apprentices are available from time to time.
Getting an Apprentice –What are the Benefits?
In weighing up the decision whether to employ an apprentice or an experienced worker consider the following:
- Availability – sometimes experienced workers are in short supply where enthusiastic school leavers may be seeking work, or mature aged workers may wish to work while they up skill.
- Long-term employee - In the long run, an apprentice who continues working with you after their apprenticeship finishes can become a great value proposition for your business. Can end up as a supervisor or foreman as you develop them.
- Paperwork – we take the headache out and do most of your paperwork.
- Flexibility - when work is slow, an apprentice can be placed with another host for short periods of time or can be handed back to find a new Host.
Taking on and apprentice will involve a contractual commitment, between you and the Group Training Company for a nominated period, normally not less than twelve months and up to thirty six months.
During the period of employment with the Host the business will need to be able to:
- Meet the wage costs
- Provide the level of supervision
- Meet the training obligations; and
- Provide a safe working environment.
If you would like more information about employing an Apprentice please contact us on 02 (97588877) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in learning more about becoming a Host Trainer, just complete the Expression of Interest form and we will be in touch to determine your needs and find the right person for your business.
Application to become a host trainer